Monday, August 18, 2008

Rylie's Luau/Nutcracker Cast List

Rylie had a blast at her luau, but she definitely had some trouble being with all of her friends. She had invited so many people from different areas - from church, from dance classes, from Tracy...anyway, it was fun.
She got THREE Webkins altogether (and one looks like Brandi!), and had a blast going through this American Girl activity book she got from Madison & Hanna. Madison and Hanna stayed afterwards and we had pizza and played lots of Nintendo games! We even put on a little skit for our parents. (Which is no surprise. We put on skits every single time we get together.)

And now...the moment you've all been waiting for...THE NUTCRACKER CAST LIST CAME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not stop squealing and screaming when I saw it on the email inbox! So here are our roles:

Rylie: Wind-Up Doll, Chinese Tea, Rose
Comments: Rylie really wanted to be a wind-up doll, and so she's really happy she got the role! She has been Chinese Tea every year we've been in The Nutcracker, so she's practically memorized the dance!

Jordan: Ballerina Doll, Butterfly, Rose
Comments: I consider the Ballerina Doll a "lead role", but Mom says it really isn't. My reasons for saying it is because the Ballerina Doll gets a little solo in the doll dance. The butterfly is a new role, and I have no idea what I do there.

Ms. Deborah (my dance teacher) also wants my parents to be in The Nutcracker! She wants Mom and Dad to be party guests in the party scene and Dad to be a hip-hop dancing soldier! Dad can't dance to save his life! He won't be alone. Some of my friend's dad's are going to be a soldier as well...better sign my dad up for dance lessons!

That's about it for now. I just got an idea for a poll! Which lead role in The Nutcracker sounds most fun to be? Please vote!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Congrats, Jordan on the parts! I hope you have a ton of fun in the Nutcracker!

Coble said...

I WILL have a ton of fun in The Nutcracker! Our first practice is in September!
But I am bummed that I have to miss picture day. Oh, well. At least they have a make-up picture day Rylie and I can attend.
Jordan