Friday, March 27, 2009

Oral Interpretation Festival...The Results!

As I anxiously waited in the large auditorium for my name to be called, I strained to see the announcer. Finally, he said into his microphone, "Jordan Coble." Only he pronounced it, "Jordan Cob-lee." Oh well.

I then followed a nice-looking judge into a classroom along with nine or so other kids and their parents. I was thoroughly surprised at how many kids did a Shel Silverstein poem. Mrs. Phelan wasn't joking when she said some kids would recite poems about the strangest things. Some examples (that actually happened; no joke): a boy kissing a girl and calling it addition, or a cat getting hair all over his pants.

And also, what is the deal with needing a hand motion for every word? It got annoying very quickly!

The judge, while she said something nice to every kid, told me that my poem was "WOW" and "remarkable." She also said I should try IT (Imagination Theatre). Then afterwards I got free ice-cream. YUM!

Then Mrs. Phelan announced the results. All kids from Smith Flat (including me!) ranked superior, which is the highest score you can get. I was so happy. :)

We went out for pizza afterwards, and I spent my own money on a silver ring, a racing game (which I could not do to save my life; just ask Mahala, Sidney, Rebekkah, or Rachelle!), and a stupid, weird purple glob thingy. (It was supposed to be a ball, I guess)

But anyway, that was my day at Oral Interp.! I hope I can do it again next year; it was so much fun!!!

2 comments:

chaunicie said...

okay i will leave a comment already!!!!! i really like the pick esp. him in the pic!!!

Coble said...

haha, lol. :)